Saturday, August 20, 2016

Stretch Marks and Belly Buttons






It’s still strange sometimes to look in the mirror and see stretch marks that I know used to be in a whole different spot than where they are now.  The tummy tuck scars and muscles have long since healed (it’s been over 3 years now) and everything is as it should be.  Hard to believe that 5 pounds of skin was removed and skin was pulled and moved around to create the nice shape I have now.  Stretch marks that were on my far side are now in the front, and some that were way below or up high are now centered.  It’s a funny thing to see when you really pay attention to stuff like that, which I do. LOL

Also strange and not as attractive is my new belly button. The old ones was removed along with the extra skin and a new one was created.  Sadly this new one isn’t near as cute…  but hey… what can you do.  God didn’t make this one… a person did.  And you can’t ask for perfection from a person. LOL  All I know is I remain incredibly happy with how my tummy tuck turned out.  Having a vertical and horizontal tuck was a great option. It gave me that curve that I wanted (hour glass shape) and as flat of a tummy as I could get.  There is still a small “pooch” because they can only remove so much… but really… who gives a crap?  I mean I had a bunch of skin hanging over and now I don’t.  That is the whole point!  I would say that I am still very happy with these results even a few years later.  

No comments:

Wearing Shorts

Today I wore shorts.  This may not seem like a big deal, after all I've worn shorts before, these exact ones to be precise. But today wa...