Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Wearing Shorts


Today I wore shorts. 

This may not seem like a big deal, after all I've worn shorts before, these exact ones to be precise. But today was very different. 

Normally when I'm driving my shorts wouldn't just ride up, but they would get bunched up above the extra skin and I would have to pull at them quite a bit to get them right again. And yes, many women experience their shorts riding up as they walk, but not all of those women have to contend with it happening and the world having full view of saggy, loose, extra skin from weight loss. 

It mentally plagued me each time I wore a pair of shorts but I forced myself to wear them anyway, because I try to not let fear of things or anxiety stop me from living life. 

But today .... TODAY WAS DIFFERENT!!!

Each time I got out of the Durango while working I would stand up and think to myself, "Do they need to be fixed?" And each time the answer was no. They were fine. As I walked I kept mentally and physically checking to see if I needed to adjust them, and each time the answer was no. They were worn with ease and comfort, and for the first time since I was 20 years old, I felt comfortable walking around with my thighs being semi exposed. 

I wish I could explain to you how that feels... But you'll just have to take my word for it that it's damn incredible.

No comments:

Wearing Shorts

Today I wore shorts.  This may not seem like a big deal, after all I've worn shorts before, these exact ones to be precise. But today wa...