Sunday, April 17, 2022

Goal Reached!!

Well, it's been a very long time since I have posted anything in this blog, but I felt like it was finally time especially since I have some news that is simply AWESOME that I should have written about right away but just didn't make time for!! As you all know, I have been struggling for the last 5-7 years to get back to a weight that I feel more comfortable at. I was hovering for a while around 165 back around 2017 and thought that was not good, then later, I jumped up to 180-185 pounds and although not fat by any means (and still able to wear a bikini) I was NOT comfortable at all with how my body was looking in some regards, and also, I didn't like being that close to the 200-pound mark. That made me VERY nervous. I struggled for a couple years with being fully committed to what I needed to do so this goal could be reached. 

 About a year and a half ago however I decided it was time. I couldn't keep pushing it off anymore. It took longer than I would have liked simply because I had many, MANY trips that I took over that time period (one of them a month-long road trip by myself) and when you are traveling it can be hard to maintain a specific way of eating. But...I am happy to say that finally, after trying very hard and being diligent, have reached the goal weight I decided made me feel the most comfortable. 160 pounds! I know what you are thinking, I was so close to that years and years ago and thought I needed to be 150 pounds. But once I was at 180 for so long, I realized that actually 160 was a good look, and that I definitely didn't want to be around 145-150, because back then when I was, everyone and myself kind of thought I was looking a bit too skinny. So, here I am having reached the goal of 160 pounds. YAY!! Technically I am even lower than that, because this morning I was at 159.6. :) Gotta love it!
 
I posted about this the day of on social media website Facebook and Instagram... it happened about 4-5 days ago. I of course took the obligatory bikini pic, which I will post on here as well. lol It feels good to be at the weight that I wanted, and I really feel like I look great. I am so happy with myself, being able to maintain it, and looking and feeling awesome again when I am wearing certain types of clothes. I recently even tried on some lingerie that I haven't worn for awhile (not because I was too big for it) and when I put it on I couldn't help but think I looked so much better in it now than I did the last time I wore it. SUCCESS!! You can really see the difference in my face shape, and my arms. So there you have it, FINALLY.... I did it. I feel like it took me way too long but at least I can say I did it, and I feel really good about being able to maintain this as well. I will do my best to write in here again sooner though, I really need to be better about it.


 





No comments:

Wearing Shorts

Today I wore shorts.  This may not seem like a big deal, after all I've worn shorts before, these exact ones to be precise. But today wa...